Thursday, September 15, 2011

Post Shoot Reflection

What challenges did you encounter while trying to get the photos of your first 3 prompts (Red, Metal, Grumpy?
The challenges that i faced were that i felt very limited to what I could photograph because we were only allowed to go around the school. Grumpy was very difficult to photograph because everyone that we ran into was very happy. We had to ask many people to pose for us and i don't think we got the complete feel of what grumpy looks like from those people.


What technical aspects of photography or the assignment in general (focus, framing, holding the camera, etc.) did you find yourself thinking about the most? Provide a specific example of what you did to do this correctly.
Focus and Holding the Camera, I didn't just want to get a regular photo. I wanted to take a picture that was interesting and effective. I figured out that the more i moved the camera the better my photos came out. I was also thinking about how to focus the camera. It was difficult for me to focus because when i saw different things that i wanted to photograph i had to keep changing it and it took me a while to get the hang of it.


If you could do the assignment again, what would you do differently now that you know some basic rules of photograhy?
If i could do the assignment again I would focus more on simplicity and the rule of thirds. Reading the website over the basic rules of photography was very eye opening and i feel like it is going to help me a lot the next time I go out and shoot. I would focus more on what i was photographing and not just try to get everything done so quickly.

What things would you do the same?
I would focus on the subject the same. I would also still use the same angles.

 Finally - go back and edit your blogs with the 3 photos (red, metal, grumpy), tell me what rules of composition (which you just learned about) did you end up actually achieving? Did you have any?
The only rule that i believe that i acheived was simplicity. Becuase in my "red photo" i zoomed in close to get the eagles red eye and the background was just plain gray. But other than that rule i wasn't able to achieve any of the other ones.

Are you interested in shooting the prompts again?
I am interested in shooting red and metal again but because grumpy was so difficult to photograph i wouldn't want to do that prompt again.

No comments:

Post a Comment